Develop a Complete Content Strategy and Leverage Digital Tactics!
Develop a Complete Content Strategy
Businesses looking at content marketing as a means towards increased online credibility and visibility should put on a publisher’s hat. You need to create responsibilities that would equate to ‘chief content officer’ or ‘content strategist’. This activity should coordinate with your sales, solutions, and marketing people to understand what your customers want and how you can make your content standout. Look at ways to:
- Create an editorial calendar and prepare a strategy to update your content regularly
- Integrate your content strategy across all content dissemination mediums including print, digital, and social media
- Create an inventory, identify and close gaps, and prepare a plan to reuse relevant content
- Prepare a strategy to improve your reach across social media channels. The larger your network, the more likely it is that your content will reach the intended recipients.
- Measure and analyze the impact of your content. Understand which content is driving the highest levels of engagement with your prospects and customers, and then plan to optimize in this direction.
Integrate SEO, Social, PPC and other Digital Tactics
Develop a consistent message across all your content assets. Use social media to promote your content across multiple channels. Leverage its growing importance in search engine optimization (SEO). Visually express ideas and populate your LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+ accounts.
Convert your text content into interesting presentations that can be uploaded on SlideShare and other similar sites. Then share the link through your social media channels and blogs. Integrate social sharing across all your online marketing assets.
Content is the Lifeblood of Online Marketing
Readers will only visit your blog or website or video channel if your post fresh and compelling content on a regular basis. Reuse your content across all channels. Convert multiple blogs into an ebook or vice versa. Articles and white papers can be converted into multiple blogs. And all of these artifacts can be re-purposed into an audio-visual format or a podcast or webinar. This will help you reach various types of audiences and increase your online visibility.
Contact us to get the right advice and assistance in planning your content strategy.
Donal O’Sullivan is a commercially focused Digital Marketer with 10+ years experience helping B2C & B2B clients. Donal has worked with many small to large enterprises locally and internationally and has a proven track record of driving revenue gains and brand awareness through integrated campaigns both Online & ATL.
In his previous role Donal worked for AXA Insurance, Ireland’s leading Insurance company. He was responsible for the strategic and day-to-day management of the AXA brand for business generation in their online channels.
Donal lives and breathes digital and will help you identify real opportunities by concentrating on data driven analysis to guide commercially focused marketing and optimisation decisions across: Acquisition, Conversion & Retention