So you want to increase your web presence but you’re not sure how to make the most of your business online? The first step is to take the time to develop a digital marketing strategy that is able to take your business to the next level, addressing the crucial areas of online advertising and creating a professional and effective platform for your brand.
Here at ePresence, we can help you with every aspect of your digital marketing plan, from creating a professional website to increasing your website traffic from social media platforms. Studies show us that businesses with a clearly defined digital marketing strategy outperform those who do not have a strategy in place, so you can see that it’s well worth getting to grips with the options.
Our 5 Top Tips for Your Digital Marketing Strategy:
1. Set your objectives. A successful strategy is much more likely if you’re very clear about what you want to achieve. Define your KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) clearly, and set specific targets for these that can be measured by a tool such as Google Analytics. If a KPI is that you want more leads from your site, for example, a goal such as getting ten leads per month by month six makes this target measurable and specific.
2. Understand your starting point. You should aim to learn from past mistakes by looking at your own business history, the competitive market and the context of the industry. It’s important to consider any changes in technology products or customer expectations that are relevant to you, and to look at what your competitors are doing. Carrying out a competitive audit can provide significant information on the industry/competitive dynamics, and also gives you a baseline to use for comparison as you go forward.
3. Focus on the customer. Remember that your digital strategy should be centred on your customer, not on you. Your research should consider what your customers are looking for, what sort of terminology they are using, and how they want to interact with you. You can find out more about your demographic by using Audience Reports (in Google Analytics) to identify key information about your target consumers.
4. Stick to your budget. You should clearly define your budget and your resource commitment from the outset, and be clear about where resources and budget will be applied, considering what return you are expecting from each. For example, you may run an email campaign that aims to deliver leads and a Facebook campaign that is expected to grow your audience. These are both valid activities, but they have very different intentions.
5. Review constantly. Digital marketing is easily measured online, and you can review your strategy and make adjustments frequently. If you have been clear with your KPIs and targets, you can set up systems to measure conversions and track your performance compared to your plan. Don’t be afraid to make changes quickly if something isn’t working: updating your plan, adjusting your tactics and regularly reviewing your strategy allows you to make the most of your digital marketing and web presence.
Develop Your Digital Marketing Strategy with ePresence in Cork
Contact ePresence, in Cork, to discuss your business needs and make the most of your online presence. We have a team of talented graphic design experts and the experience to create successful campaigns for you, so get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Austin Stack is an eCommerce Marketing Specialist with extensive industry experience for both B2B and B2C clients. He is a proficient web development and passionate about all things digital and specialises in SEO, PPC, eCommerce, Digital Strategy and Lead Generation.
Austin has a Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing from the Digital Marketing Institute and is studying for a Masters Degree in Digital Marketing Strategy at CIT. He enjoys sports, film, coding and supports Man Utd and Cork City FC for his sins.