Amazon UK announced the introduction of a new widget on Monday. The Amazon Search Widget allows marketers to provide their site visitors with a means of searching the Amazon catalogue without leaving the page they are on.
Established Amazon affiliates will already be familiar with similar widgets, but the latest addition to Amazon’s range of promotional tools offers the added advantage of being suitable for display on mobile-optimized sites. The new widget can also be set to automatically make any size adjustments that may be necessary for optimum display on a variety of screen sizes.
How to add the new Amazon Search Widget to Your Site
Amazon Search Widget: Key Benefits at a Glance
- Responsive layout: The widget works optimally across a variety of devices (desktop, mobile phone, tablet devices).
- Touch-Friendly: For an improved experience on mobile phones and tablets.
- Compact Design: Capable of promoting up to 10 products (in the 320×250 ad unit).
- Contextual Results: Affiliates can promote relevant products by selecting default search queries and categories.
- Customizable Appearance: To ensure the widgets are a good match for all sites and color schemes.
- Simple Integration: Just copy and paste—one size fits all.
Possible Problem Areas
Amazon admits there may be possible integration issues with some content management systems (including WordPress), but assure affiliates that any problems can be resolved by enabling widgets or gadgets for mobile templates.
More people are viewing sites via mobile phone browsers and tablets than ever before. This is a fact that is unlikely to change so any form of promotional tool that enables internet marketers to effectively display promoted products across a variety of devices is a step in the right direction and should ensure potential sales are not lost due to site compatibility issues with a particular device or screen size.
Declan Clancy is an enthusiastic, results oriented and creative Digital Marketer with 9 years hands on experience across digital channels.
In his last role as Group Digital Marketing Manager for Trigon Hotels, Declan was responsible for the ecommerce strategy and implementation for their 3 hotels. While at Trigon Hotels, Declan won Best use of Twitter for a Large Business at the Cork Digital Marketing Awards for his work for Cork International Hotel.