Content Marketing is an extremely powerful marketing tool for companies of all sizes.
A basic Content Marketing Campaign can be run for Free by a small company simply by the experts within the company blogging about customers’ problems and the solutions your company provides to overcome these problems. A professional content marketing consultant like myself can then optimise this content for optimal SEO purposes and share it across various platforms for greater exposure, larger companies have the budget to set up a dedicated Content Marketing Department.
The Power of Content Marketing may be slow initially, but it builds up momentum and will start to bring you a steady stream of highly relevant site visitors that are looking for your products or services and improve the conversion of these visitors into paying customers by displaying your authority on the topic, potential clients start to see you as a Thought Leader in your industry.
Contact Us for your Content Marketing Requirements.
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing is the art of using carefully researched and developed content, text, audio or video, to attract relevant visitors to your online profile and provide them with the information they will find useful at each step of the buyer’s journey – Awareness – Research and Decision making.
It is not sales talk, but quality information that the potential customer will find Valuable, examples could include Infographics, web pages, podcasts, videos or ebooks. Content marketing forms a crucial part of your overall Inbound Marketing Strategy.
How Content Marketing Works.
Achieving The Power of Content Marketing is unfortunately not a simple task of creating random content, posting it on your website and simply hoping for the best. In order for a Content Marketing Campaign to be successful it needs to follow a carefully researched and planned strategy:
- Keyword Research. It’s essential your Content Marketing Strategy be carefully researched in order to address the issues your potential customers are searching for.
- Solutions. Understand your customer’s pain points and challenges, and provide them with answers and solutions to these problems.
- Linking. keep your customer on topic, and link to other relevant articles or blogs that discuss the same topics. This not only keeps your customer focused, but it also improves SEO.
- Content-Length. Generally, content that is more in-depth about a specific topic will rank better on Google, research shows approximately 2000 words to be a good length to aim for in a detailed article. If you cannot write more than 300 words it doesn’t deserve a separate page on your website.
- Offer. Provide your reader or follower with an attractive offer, something he or she will provide their contact details to obtain, this offer should be in line with the discussed topic.
Who is Content Marketing For?
The Power of Content Marketing is for companies of all sizes. Content Marketing can be kept fairly simple and inexpensive for smaller companies, it really doesn’t cost much to blog about the solutions you provide on a weekly basis, it just takes a bit of time. Modern Smartphones enable quick and easy video production.
The bigger companies with sufficient budgets can get involved in webinars, professional video production and other more powerful techniques.
It doesn’t matter who you are, start a Content Marketing Campaign today, and you will reap the rewards for years to come.
Features of a Professional Content Marketing Campaign.
Every Content Marketing Campaign will require a level of uniqueness depending on the customer, product and industry, but the basic outline should follow the five steps outlined below:
- It is Customer Centric, your Content strategy is developed around your customer’s needs and how you can help solve their problems for them.
- The Content itself can be in the form of text, an article, a blog or podcast, a video or any other format, as long as it is what appeals to your target customer, older people prefer text and the younger generation prefer video.
- Not Sales Oriented, the content should be designed to stimulate an interest in your products or services and not attempt to directly sell it.
- The Offer, your content is what draws people to your web page or video, but it requires an offer for which the visitor is willing to provide his or her email address. It could be an ebook, whitepaper etc.
- Promoting – developing the content is 20% of the job the other 80% is the promotion thereof. Share it as part of your Social Media Marketing Campaign, and link to it from other content or paid adverts.
- In the Follow Up, your visitors have provided you with their email addresses. An effective Content Campaign includes a Follow Up campaign of relationship building and lead nurturing.
Benefits of Professional Content Marketing.
A well-researched and planned Content Marketing Campaign will improve your website ranking, attract a better quality of website visitors and convert these visitors into paying customers well into the future.
- Good quality properly optimised Content will improve your website’s Google Rankings. Google loves content.
- Well-researched keyword-rich Content attracts the right people to your website at the right time.
- Good quality Content is more likely to be shared on Social Media and linked to other websites, these factors further improve your website’s Google Ranking and improve your Social Media presence.
- Quality Content that addresses your potential customer’s pain points and offers solutions will improve website conversions. Content can be tailored to each stage of the Buyer’s Journey.
- Good quality Content results in improved credibility and sets you up as a Thought Leader in your industry.
- Evergreen Content will continue to attract and convert website visitors for many years to come.
- Content Marketing forms part of the Inbound Approach which is less intrusive and more effective than Outbound Methods.
- Good quality content helps build relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Good Quality Content can greatly shorten the sales cycle making the job easier for salespeople and saving your company time and money.
- The more interested website visitors your Content attracts the more effective your Remarketing Campaign becomes.
Contact Us for your Content Marketing Requirements.