Video Search engine optimisation is a key skill needed by anyone looking to harness the qualities that the video medium brings. But just how important is the video as a marketing tool in 2012?
The bottom line is that online video is fast becoming an absolute must for any company/business who are serious about their online presence. In fact according to some estimations, by 2013 anyone who doesn’t have video content on their website is unlikely to feature on the first page of Google. So why is this?
It probably comes as no surprise that YouTube is the second most used search engine on the web and this is because people like to find answers to their questions in video format rather than searching through pages of text. To put it simply, a good video engages with your target audience as no other medium can. Just to back this up, a survey carried out last year by the Forrester Research Group found the following..
- A simple one-minute video on your site makes it six times more likely to convert an everyday ‘browser’ into a paying client
- Only 20% of web visitors will read the majority of text on a website but 80% will watch a video of that same content.
- A simple one-minute company video attached to a website is also fifty times more likely to get ranked on Google’s first page than one without.
So if video is as important in terms of marketing as people make out then how do you make sure that your video is being found for key phrases? This is where video search engine optimisation comes in. Here are some ways in which you can do this..
- Title – This is the most important aspect and needs to be keyword rich. This is after all how people will find your video, so make it catchy and make it stand out
- Tags – Use the tags to your video and load them with relevant search terms
- Contact info – Make sure your contact info is included in the last frame of your video. Viewers need to know how to reach out to you.
- Spread the word – Try uploading your video to various video sites. YouTube and Google are the obvious ones there are also other sites such as Vimeo and Daily Motion which you may want to take into consideration.
- Call to action – Make sure your viewers know what to do after seeing your video by presenting them with a strong call to action.
- Share – Finally adding share buttons is a great way to see that your video goes viral. Most social networks have their own share buttons so it is easy to put these on your site.
These are just a few tips to help with your video search engine optimisation and by using these suggestions they can help to get your video and ultimately your website firmly planted on the first page of the search engines.
If you would like to get further information about how your business can benefit from video marketing, video search engine optimisation or any other form of online marketing then give ePresenve a call today.