Because Facebook is such a dominating force in the online world, it’s overtaking all other social media platforms, and even the Google search engine, as a means of attracting new business to your website.
This has created an explosion of businesses advertising on Facebook, and unsurprisingly, the enormous increase in competition has resulted in a big drop in organic reach – from 16% to 2.27% in the last three years.
When you’re struggling to make an impact amongst a huge amount of posts, and when Facebook systems promote only the most relevant content, it can be challenging to stay ahead of the game. Working with a Digital Marketing Agency, making use of their expertise in this area, can put your business ahead of the competition – and you can get started by following our tips to maximise the potential of your advertising on Facebook.
How to Beat the Competitors on Facebook
- Make content relevant. This doesn’t mean it all has to be current, newsworthy stuff, although some of that will help, but posts that will always be relevant to your followers (we call this evergreen content) are the best type of content to attract traffic to your site.
- Create a community. Starting a new group, or joining one that is busy and relevant to your business, can help you to build a community of interested followers who will want to connect and engage with you and your products or services. Ensure that it’s based on chat or discussion rather than sales.
- Target your posts. Enable targeting on your page settings and choose which groups to target your posts towards. Experimenting with different post styles and different target groups will give you a good idea of who you are reaching and what is working best for your business.
- Engage with your followers. Connect with those who are following you. Use analytics to find out when your fans are online and post at these times. Ask your most dedicated followers to enable notifications so that they’ll receive your posts directly as you publish them. And always, always reply to comments quickly!
- Build links with other businesses. Contact other, like-minded business owners who are obviously advertising or trying to connect with followers on Facebook. Mutually sharing each other’s posts will benefit both of you, since your followers are likely to be interested in their content and vice versa.
Improve Your Social Media Marketing with ePresence
The digital marketing game is a challenging one, and if you’re not up to date with online jargon, you risk falling at the first hurdle. Here at ePresence, it’s our business to work out exactly what will be best for you, and to help you to implement an effective online strategy. Contact us today to discuss how we can help!
John Brennan is director of ePresence Internet Marketing. He is an experienced management consultant, specialising in Digital Marketing, Business Development, Product Development and Innovation Management.
Owner/director of ePresence, John also lectures in Digital Advertising and Analytics at Cork Institute of Technology.
John has an Electronic Engineering Degree from Cork Institute of Technology, MBA from University College Cork and Executive Training at Kellogg Business School, Chicago.
Before setting up ePresence, John held various roles such as Software Engineer, Director of Engineering, Director of Product and Program Management, Vice President of Product Development and General Manager in world leading organisations such as Apple, IBM, Snap-on Inc. and FMC.
John combines his technology know-how, management experience and customer focus to help his clients achieve online success.