What benefit can you really get from SEO or Search Engine Optimisation?
A lot of people that we talk to have found it difficult to get a straight answer to this. Part of the problem is that there are a lot of variables
- Different web companies use the term ‘SEO’ very loosely and therefore the associated results can vary widely. From what I have seen, this can vary from simply adding a keyword tag through a full SEO/Link Building campaign. Though both activities can be loosely described as SEO – the results are quite different.
- SEO results will differ significantly depending on the industry that you are in and the level of competition in that industry – the more niche you are, the easier it will be to get results.
- The market that you are targeting will also have an influence – ranking highly in Ireland is a lot easier that ranking internationally.
- The quality of your website – if you have a very poor website to begin with, you are simply wasting your time with SEO campaigns.
- The length of time and resources that are applied to SEO – it’s really not a once off activity.
To show what can be done, I put together a summary of real results from some of our own clients. In all cases these campaigns would have run over a twelve month period to deliver the required results. Also in all of these cases, the clients are continuing to maintain a strong online presence.
Sample Client 1 – The client is a Business to Business Company based in Cork serving the Irish Marketing.The client provides a very broad range of products so the website contains a large catalog of products. Leads are generated directly through an enquiry form on the website as well as via phone contact.
- Consistently Ranked in the Top 5 on Google.ie for 30 selected keyword phrases
- Site visitors from Google search traffic increased by over 450%
- The volume of “organic” search traffic allowed the client to stop the Pay Per Click campaign – giving a savings of €1,000 per month while maintaining the site traffic levels.
- Quality of site visitors improved with a 25% improvement in bounce rate
Sample Client 2 – The client is a developer or high end electronic components. Headquartered in Ireland, their primary markets would be in North America and Asia. When we started to work on this account the search engine ranking was very poor and a high percentage of site traffic was coming from countries outside the target regions.
- Overall Traffic increased by 60%
- Site visitors from Google search traffic increased by over 350%
- Significant increases in traffic from targeted countries – specifically US up by 550%, Canada up over 1500% and Japan up 250%.
- Quality of site visitors improved with a 7.5% improvement in bounce rate
Sample Client 3 – The client is an electronics manufacturer headquartered in Cork. The company sells worldwide. The website is a critical tool to promote the products as well as providing marketing and technical support to the end user. The site includes an online shop and well as a comprehensive suite of support materials.
- Overall Traffic increased by 180%
- Site visitors from Google search traffic increased by over 320%
- Implemented Goal Measurement on site, providing clear feedback and return on investment details to the client.
Sample Client 4 – The client is a professional service provider in Cork. The company primarily serves the Munster area, with some clients outside. They are the most prominent company in terms of search results for their service in the Munster area. The efforts online are generating on-going leads and subsequent business.
- Overall Traffic up 700%
- Site visitors from Google search traffic increased by over 1,300%
- Currently in excess of 9,000 visitors per month
- Goal measurement and conversion analysis to improve quantity of generated leads.
The results that we have seen with these clients and others come from a structured SEO process that builds the credibility and relevance of the website over time.